48 course hours
The role of the individual in shaping society and how we can apply our personal power in intentional creative ways. How human perception shapes experience. The assumptions and perspectives stemming from cultural subjectivity and language. Finding commonalities beneath this subjectivity. Language theory, social philosophies, metaphysics, spirituality. The broad array of factors shaping the public mind, pop culture, and the consumer society. The role of the advertising industry and the media in economics and politics. The nature of reality is not as dry, dead and sterile as Western science makes it seem. Creating positive social and ecological change. Resources will include:
- Mcluhan, Marshall. The Medium is the Massage and The Gutenbery Galaxy
- Jung, Carl. Man and His Symbols.
- Illich, Ivan. Deschooling Society.
- Krishnamurti, J. On Learning and Knowledge.
- Kahn, Hazrat Inayat. The Music of Life.
- Pearce, Joseph Chilton. Evolution's End: Claiming the Potential of Our Intelligence.
- Mander, Jerry. In the Absence of the Sacred: The Failure of Technology and the Survival of the Indian Nation.
- Magazine articles from: Adbusters: Journal of the Mental Environment, Earth Island Journal: News of the World Environment, The Ecologist: Rethinking Basic Assumptions, New Internationalist, and Third World Resurgence.
Center for BioRegional Living
Ellenville NY | BioRegional Living Articles | Design Maps & Plans | Picture Gallery | Permaculture Videos | Testimonials
Copyright © 2013 Center for BioRegional Living - All rights reserved.